Ideas & Inspiration
How to Make Affordable Bath Updates
The cost of a complete bathroom remodel can quickly add up. Fortunately, there are several small projects that will give your bathroom a makeover without breaking the bank. For bathrooms with windows, add an affordable but aesthetically pleasing feature with a new set of shades, or put a small indoor plant on the sill.
The video above shows three quick and easy updates for bathrooms of all sizes. Keep reading below for more ideas.
- The small details say big things about your bathroom style. Changing your knobs and pulls to brushed nickel or bronze can create a new decorative touch.
- Consider matching the new metal hardware to your faucet, lighting fixtures and door hardware.
- Also coordinate your towel bars, hooks and toilet paper holders in the same finish.
- Lastly, give an added safety boost to your tub and shower with decorative grab bars.
- Updating your faucet with a new low-flow model is a relatively inexpensive way to cut water consumption while adding a refreshed look to your sink area. And since it’s one of the most commonly used items, a new faucet is a great way to display your personal style.
- Showerheads and hand showers add a nice touch to your overall bathroom design while making your showering experience more enjoyable. Replacing a showerhead can be a quick and inexpensive project.
- Hand showers can be used as a fixed shower or hand-held for maximum versatility. Drill-less models provide easy installation.
- New light fixtures add a touch of illuminating ambiance to your bathroom. Consider updating the existing fixtures or adding a few decorative sconces to complement your faucets and hardware.
- Select new fixtures with LED lights to save energy and lower your utility bills.
- Color is the key to any room’s personality. For a look that takes center stage, select a color that matches your vanity, faucet and hardware.
- Also, add a fresh coat of paint to the moulding to brighten up your trim and door entrance.
- Make sure to select a paint that can stand up to moist conditions.
- Replacing an old, outdated vanity can transform your bathroom into an entirely different space. With styles ranging from eclectic to traditional, a new vanity can greatly enhance the storage, functionality and look of any bathroom.
- Many bath vanities include coordinating vanity tops and matching mirrors.
- Whether you go with laminate, granite or something in between, a new vanity top can add dramatic new texture, style and color to your bathroom.
- Add a coordinating sink or select a vanity top that has a built-in bowl. The variety of styles, materials and finishes make replacing a vanity top the ideal project for any budget. Be sure to update the faucet as you update the vanity top.
- Most people think of toilets as purely functional, but today’s models offer a level of performance, efficiency and style that was not available a decade ago. Choosing an economical, high-efficiency or ultra-low-flow toilet offers substantial water savings without sacrificing performance or aesthetics.
- A chair height toilet provides added comfort and easy accessibility.