Ideas & Inspiration
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Celebrate Mother’s Day with a thoughtful gift for that special someone in your life. If you’re having trouble coming up with gift ideas, think about her hobbies, leisure activities and interests. Is she a gourmet cook who enjoys adding to her collection of kitchen gadgets or a runner who’d like a new fitness tracking watch? Some moms love DIY crafts while others like gift cards that let them shop for themselves.
Use this list of Mother's Day gift ideas to inspire you when you're shopping.
- Choose a window box, a bag of potting soil and some beautiful plants. Then give mom the perfect gift--your presence--and help her hang the box and plant it.
- Tie a bow on a garden cart for moving bales of straw and bags of mulch and fertilizer. Personalize it with a handmade card and a promise to help mom distribute them around the yard.
- Pack a decorative basket with gardening essentials. Include garden gloves, a trowel, floral snips, a weeding tool and packets of flower seeds. Fill a half-whiskey barrel instead, and you’ll have room to add a kneeling pad, watering can and stylish gardening hat.
- Put your favorite family or vacation photos into a collage frame or give mom a beautiful picture frame she can fill with a special photo made on Mother’s Day. Family photos are thoughtful, personalized gifts.
- Need a last-minute gift? A gift card lets mom choose exactly what she wants.
- Flowers and chocolates are always great Mother’s Day presents. If roses are mom’s favorite, buy fresh-cut flowers or take her shopping for her favorite rose bush. Pick up some rose fertilizer and pruning shears while you're there.
- Choose a set of wind chimes for her backyard.
- Give her a bird feeder and a big bag of bird seed or a hummingbird feeder. A bird bath will add beauty to her garden and help keep her feathered friends around.
- If she already has a feeder, buy her some binoculars and a birding book.
- Consider a fountain for a mom who enjoys the sound of moving water.
Gourmet and foodie moms will appreciate a new kitchen appliance to help them whip up favorite meals.
- Consider an air fryer. Some come in fun shades of red, plum and teal, as well as the usual black and white.
- Multicookers that saute, steam, roast and handle many other kitchen tasks are also popular.
- A programmable coffee maker is a great gift for moms who love java. Single serve models are great for those who want a fresh cup cup without brewing an entire pot.
- Serious coffee fans can use a combination espresso and cappuccino machine. Serve breakfast in bed before you let mom unwrap her gift.
- Not a coffee fan? Treat her to a new tea kettle and an assortment of delicious teas. Look for tea kettles in red, stainless steel, grey, copper, blue and other colors to complement her kitchen decor.
- Give a selection of gourmet cheeses and a cheese board set to a mom who loves to entertain.
- Treat a health-conscious mom to a stylish new bike. Don’t forget a helmet.
- For a last-minute gift, add an insulated water bottle. Some water bottles have built-in filters and drinking spouts to eliminate the need for straws.
- If your mom works out while listening to music, podcasts or news, give her some wireless or Bluetooth earbuds.
- Treat her to a new yoga mat and pre-paid yoga classes.
- Get her a juicer to whip up nutritious smoothies.
- Some states don’t allow drivers to hold their phones while driving. Help mom find her way around by gifting her with a GPS navigation system for her car.
- If your special someone already has a car navigation system, consider a multisport watch with mapping functions.
- If your mom enjoys painting, take her shopping to replenish her art supplies and brushes.
- Give a DIY mom some craft organizers or a rolling cart to organize her stash.
- Consider giving scrapbooks and scrapbook embellishments, a glue gun, stencils, chalky paint and colorful markers.
- Add a gift certificate to a Mother's Day card and give her a class in making jewelry, knitting or other crafting skills.
- Remember mothers who quilt and sew with a new sewing machine or serger.
- A new mixer makes a great gift for a mother who loves to bake. Some models can knead dough for breads and pastries, while others use optional attachments for making pasta, stuffing sausages, squeezing fruits for juices, whipping up ice cream and more.
- If your favorite baker has lots of baking dishes, think outside the (pizza) box and get her a pizza stone. Models with two handles are easy to lift in and out of the oven.
- Let mom know how much you enjoy her cooking by gifting her with a new set of cookie cutters, a marble rolling pin, new baking sheets and non-stick baking mats.
- Dress up her kitchen with a beautiful set of copper cookware, measuring spoons and measuring cups.
- Treat your busy mom to a comfortable lounge chair for the deck or patio, or gift her a rocking chair for the porch.
- Hang a glider for her in a shady spot in the yard. Fill it with pretty throw pillows.
- If your mother has access to a pool, get her a floating lounge chair or other colorful float.
- Dads aren’t the only ones who like to grill, so if your mom is a barbeque fan, get her a charcoal or gas grill. Some have automatic starters and don’t need starter fluid.
- Surprise her with a set of fluffy new bath towels, pretty candles and an essential oil diffuser. Add scented bath soaps and body lotion to give mom a luxurious spa day experience.
- Create a handmade card and enclose a coupon for a day at a real spa that includes a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure.
- Wrap up a foot massager so she can continue to enjoy spa-like treatments at home.