Want to know what’s ahead in your gardening year? We’ve put together this calendar to help you plan. From seed starting in the dark days of winter to building raised beds in spring, picking flower bouquets in summer and vegetable harvests in early fall, we’ve got your gardening year set.
- Set goals and make plans for your outdoor spaces.
- Add tropical houseplants indoors to improve air quality.
- Treat yourself to gardening gloves.
- Pick, pickle and preserve garden produce.
- Plant vegetables for the fall and winter harvest.
- Preserve herbs by drying and freezing.
- Plan for a cover crop (sow one month before the first frost).
- Find the perfect fresh-cut Christmas tree.
- Decorate with poinsettias and evergreen garland, and create a Christmas Tree Dress.
- Clean and store power tools for winter.
- Choose orchids and tropical houseplants for gift-giving.