When you begin with flavoring steak with a cumin and lime-spiked marinade, you can grill and fill tortillas for tasty fajitas. Get the recipe.
Steak Fajitas With Grilled Bell Peppers and Portobello
Yields: 4 Servings
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, quartered
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 8 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup Kingsford® Honey Jalapeno Mesquite Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Garlic & Herb Marinade
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Place KC Masterpiece® Garlic & Herb Marinade, cumin and lime juice in a large, resealable plastic bag. Add steak, mushrooms, peppers and onions and shake bag to coat ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to grill, up to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill for medium-hot cooking. Drain marinade from bag and discard. Cook steak until browned on both sides, 5 minutes per side. Cook mushrooms, peppers and onion 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and softened. Slice steak and vegetables and keep warm.
- Using tongs, heat tortillas quickly over grill. Fill warm tortillas with meat and vegetables, drizzle with Kingsford® Honey Jalapeno Mesquite Barbecue Sauce and serve with sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro as desired.
Recipe presented by Kingsford Charcoal