By: Taryn Newton
Share this article
A Note From The Home Depot
Nothing rings in the holidays more than spending time decorating with family. As a fairly new homeowner, Taryn Newton of Glamorous Versatility was able to take advantage of a few Home Depot products to create a classic outdoor holiday decor for her yard in an affordable way.
The holidays are here! I can’t believe we are in December and Christmas will be here before we know it! I love decorating our home, and getting it all decked out for the holidays. One of my favorite areas to decorate is the outside of our home. Ever since becoming a homeowner a couple years ago, I have loved having the opportunity to make a festive statement for extra curb appeal.
Shopping for outdoor decor can be a bit overwhelming thinking about what style to get, how much stuff is too much, and trying to stay in budget. I followed this process to with making my selections.
- Browsed the outdoor holiday decor section on homedepot.com. Browsed each item to see which items caught my eye the most. There are so many products to choose from. You can go the route of inflatables or even nativity scenes.
- Assess your lawn before picking your items. You will want to get decor that will fit the style of your home.
- Start selecting items that will be cohesive. I opted to get a light angel and reindeer as I felt the aesthetic matched the most. I also chose to get white lights to frame the house to match the lawn figurines.
- Shop in store or online. What I love about The Home Depot is they have a huge selection both in store and online. Life can get a bit hectic so I opted to do my shopping online. If I was on a time crunch I would have taken advantage of their buy online, pick up in store option. I had these items delivered to my home and it was a breeze.
- Get to decorating! We hung the garland, put together the lawn figurines, and hung the door wreath. All of the items were easy to assemble. Don’t forget to stake your items because the moment the wind hits it will knock the items over.
Quick tip: I would first designate time to assemble the items, then decorate.
We absolutely loved the way everything turned out! The boys always love when we decorate our home. Next year, the boys are already making requests to get a giant inflatable Santa! Have fun with decorating and make it a fun family activity. Our boys had so much fun help in any capacity their little hands could!