Make a DIY frame to display your challenge coins
What You Need
Using the measuring tape, measure and mark cuts on the wood and moulding according to the cut list.
• One 14- x 18-inch back piece (from the 2- x 2-foot plywood)
• Two 14-inch sections (from the 1- x 2-inch x 8-foot lumber)
• Two 16 1/2-inch sections (from the 1- x 2-inch x 8-foot lumber)
• Six 12 1/2-inch sections (from the 8-foot moulding)
Use a circular saw to make the cuts on the plywood and moulding.
Tip: Use a sanding block to smooth any rough edges.
Stain or paint the boards prior to assembly if desired.
• Build a rectangular frame out of the 1- x 2-inch board by sandwiching the long sides between the short sides.
• Secure with a brad nailer.
• Place the plywood back on top of the frame (painted side down) and secure with brad nails through the back.
• Stand the box on short end.
• Start at the bottom and secure moulding flush with the bottom of the frame (make sure moulding is lip side up.)
• Evenly space the remaining shelves and secure with brad nails.