Create a DIY display for your favorite holiday cards
What You Need
Using the measuring tape, measure and mark cuts on the plywood according to the cut list.
Out of the 2- x 2-foot x 1/2-inch plywood:
• One 18- x 22-inch triangular face
• One 5- x 18-inch triangular stand
Use a circular saw to make the straight cuts on the plywood.
Tip: Use a sanding sponge to smooth any rough edges.
Stain/paint boards prior to assembly if desired.
• Come in 3/8 inches from the edge and arrange the nails with one in each corner, 4 on the left, and 3 on the right (see diagram below).
• Don’t nail completely down so that there is room for the string.
• Stand face up and prop up with the stand piece.
• Use a brad nailer to secure the stand in place by nailing through the center of the face.
• Starting in the lower left of the display, tie a loop in the string and begin to zig-zag up the tree until you reach the top.
• Once you reach the top, trace the edge of the triangle and tie off to secure (see diagram below).