A grilling cart can help make your backyard barbeques more convenient
Make a stylish cart to hold all your grilling accessories using just a few materials from The Home Depot. This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process of building this DIY cart to hold all of your grilling supplies.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS PROJECT
4 pieces – 2 x 8-foot lumber
5 pieces – 2 x 4-foot lumber
4 – 2 x 2-foot x 36-inch angle irons
3-inch deck screws
2 ½-inch deck screws
1 can of spray paint
Mineral oil Butcher Block conditioner (mineral oil conditioner is food safe)
Cutting oil to use as a lubricant for drilling through the metal
Cut the wood into the following lengths:
• Eight 30-inch x 2 x 4-foot boards to make up the longer sides of the shelves and the middle piece of the top of each shelf.
• Six 16-inch 2 x 4-foot boards to make up the shorter sides of the shelves.
• Four 30-inch x 2 x 8-foot boards to complete the tops of each shelf.
• Three 40-inch x 2 x 8-foot boards to make up the cutting board.
• Screw together the 30-inch and 16-inch x 2 x 4-foot boards into rectangular frames.
• For the top of the bottom two shelves, frame a 30-inch x 2 x 4-foot board with two 30-inch x 2 x 8-foot boards.
• Screw them on the top of the frame to make each shelf.
• The top shelf should remain just a frame so the top table surface can be added after the cart is assembled.
• Drill through the angle irons with the 3/16-inch bit.
• Check to make sure that the screws fit through the holes.
• Use the larger drill bit to create a hole over the 3/16-inch hole to countersink the screws.
• Clean the cutting oil off the angle irons.
• Paint them with spray paint.
• Screw through the holes drilled in the angle irons and into the wood shelves, spacing them evenly.
• Put the empty frame on top.
• Stand the cart upright.
• Screw in three remaining 2 x 8-foot boards onto the top frame to complete the table surface.
Finish the wood with a butcher-block conditioner.
• Flip over the cart and screw on the wheels.
• Add other accessories where desired.