Pass out candy in style with this simple DIY Halloween décor
What You Need
• Measure and mark cuts on the plywood according to the cut list and diagram below.
• To get a rounded shape on the top of the gravestone, tap a nail into the center of the gravestone 10 inches down from the top.
• Tie a string from the nail to a pencil to make a makeshift compass, then draw rounded edges along the top edge of the 16- x 24-inch segment of plywood.
• One gravestone shape: 16- x 24-inch plywood with top rounded edges
• 16 x 3 ½-inch box front
• 15 x 3 ½-inch box bottom
• Two 3 ½- x 3 ½-inch box sides
• Use a circular saw to make the long straight cuts on the plywood and a jigsaw for the curved cuts.
• Use sanding block to smooth any rough edges.
• Paint or stain all cut pieces prior to assembly.
• Hold the box sides up against the box front so that the edges are flush.
• Attach with nailer.
• Repeat on opposite side of box front.
• Stand the box front up and place the sides so that they are between the gravestone back and the front.
• Secure with nailer through the back of the gravestone.
• Place box bottom in between all other sides and press so that it is flush.
• Secure with nailer.
• Use the nailer or a hot glue gun to attach the bones as desired to make your haunted candy box!