Bring the convenience of a shower to your bathtub by installing a hand-held faucet
If your bathroom only has plumbing set up to accommodate a bathtub, but you long for the convenience of a shower, have no fear! This guide will teach you how to install a hand-hell shower unit using your existing plumbing.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS PROJECT
Tip: You may need to remove the pipe coming from the wall and replace it with a shorter pipe before attaching the spout.
• Begin by installing the tub, or diverter spout.
• Wrap the pipe threads with Teflon tape and screw on the spout.
Tip: If you are drilling through ceramic tile, first nick the surface with a hammer and nail. Then drill using a masonry bit.
• Hold the shower bracket where you want it to go and mark it for the screw locations.
• Drill holes for the plastic anchors.
• Tap plastic anchors into the holes and attach the mounting bracket with screws.
• Snap on the bracket cover.
• Screw the flex line to the top of the spout and then to the shower head in the bracket.