Create a spice rack with this quick and simple DIY
Reduce clutter around the kitchen with a spice rack. This DIY project is fast, simple and perfect for a beginner.
What You Need
Measure and mark cuts on the 1- x 4-inch x 8-foot common board according to the cut list below.
• Seven 12-inch pieces
• One 1 3/8-inch piece
• One 3 ½-inch piece
• One 5 5/8-inch piece
• Use a circular saw to make the straight cuts on the board.
• Smooth any rough edges with a sanding block.
Stain or paint boards prior to assembly if desired.
Using the seven 12-inch pieces, build a small staircase-like structure by attaching pieces together with the brad nailer.
• Create the stand by placing the three remaining cut pieces vertically and centered on the underside of the spice rack.
• Each piece should fit flush underneath the three main shelves.
• Secure with brad nails through the spice rack and into the support pieces.