This is a (1) 12 in. Oyster Log that will give you Oyster Mushrooms for the new 2+ years. Enjoy the mild flavor and delicate texture of fresh-picked oyster mushrooms. This mushroom-growing kit lets you grow delicious and healthful oyster mushrooms at home. The hand-cut hardwood log arrives pre-inoculated with spores that will grow and produce a crop of organic mushrooms. You may enjoy additional harvests every two to three months for a year or more. Simply soak the log. Logs can be stood upright or laid horizontally for growing. Metal plaque on underside of log states date of inoculation. Just soak the log for 24 hours in cold water, mist it occasionally, and watch your crop emerge once the inoculation period is reached. 12 in. long, approx. 3 in. to 6 in. Dia. 3 lb. to 7 lb. This strain features a fast spawn run, large, thick, first flush mushrooms with heavy yields. Choose a nice shady spot in your yard for your Mushroom log. When the spawn run is complete, the mycelium takes 6 to 12 Months from the inoculation date to start fruiting. When you can see fine white fibers (hyphae) running through the ends of the log they are ready for fruiting. Some logs take longer than others but we are here to help you grow the most amazing mushrooms you have ever tasted! Just ask if you have any questions. First Mushrooms will develop 6-12 months from the date of inoculation. We age the logs for a few months before they ship for you to enjoy.
- Have fun with this easy to use kit for growing organic oyster mushrooms
- Log grown mushrooms are organic and naturally nutritionally which makes these oyster mushrooms a prized gourmet and health food
- Care instructions are included with each log
- Approximately 12 in. L , 3 in. to 6 in. in Dia keep this for yourself or give the best gift anyone could get, the oyster log is the talk of the town
- Grow your own oyster mushrooms at home