Famous for its signature flavor and fragrance, Sweet Basil has big green leaves that are just what you need to make classic pesto. Plants grow fast and are easy to care for. Harvest often to promote bushiness and plant growth, and be sure to pinch blooms as soon as you see them to keep the plant from going to seed. Plant Sweet Basil after the last spring frost. Grows well in containers as long as it's watered regularly.
- Classic Italian basil that is easy to grow
- Large green leaves with strong flavor
- Grow in fertile, well-drained soil
- Key pesto ingredient
- Good choice for containers
- Light Requirements: Full sun
- Space 18" apart
- How to Grow Basil in Your Garden.Click here to learn more.
- Shop all large planter pots here.Click here to learn more.