This Bonnie Sweet Basil plant is a must-have for every kitchen garden. It is the key ingredient in classic Italian pesto and upgrades every summer tomato sandwich. Sweet Basil has large leaves that are fast and easy to grow. It loves hot weather, so wait until all danger of frost has passed before planting in the garden in the spring, then harvest before the weather starts to cool down in fall. Great for containers, but be sure to keep watered. Plant arrives in a biodegradable pot with a well-established root system and hardened off for easy transplanting in the garden.
- Sweet genovese basil is a popular choice for any herb garden
- Prized for its ease of growing and is a key ingredient of pesto
- Plant spacing: 18 in. apart in rows or 1 plant per 18 in. container
- Ships in a 4 in. plant-able, biodegradable pot by jiffy
- Click here to learn more about our Healthy Home Eco Options