Dieffenbachia is one of the easiest indoor houseplants to grow -- and one of the most common indoor plants. Dieffenbachia adds fun color and texture without flowers. This tropical shrub shows off lush leaves that are usually marked in shades of cream, yellow, or white, making dieffenbachia a top pick for brightening dim corners indoors. This plant prefers bright light but can tolerate low light spaces as well. Water when the top couple inches of the soil are dry (about once a week) and be sure all excess water drains away. If the container does not have holes, use approximately half a cup of water, adjust as needed for your environment. Do not let the plant sit in water or overly soggy soil.
- Dieffenbachia, also known as dumb cane, is one of the easiest houseplants to grow; its green foliage has splashes of white throughout
- From a sunny room to a low lit office, the dieffenbachia can grow in any space
- Water when the top couple inches of the soil are dry
- Grows best near a sunny window, but can tolerate low light spots well
- Height at shipping is approximately 12 in. tall, measured from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant