Monstera may be the perfect houseplant for you if you're looking to create a big, bold, tropical feel in your home. It features big wide leaves that look like they have holes or cuts in them, giving rise to two of its other common names: Swiss cheese plant and split-leaf philodendron (while monstera is not a type of philodendron, it is closely related to them). Grow monstera just about anywhere in your house. It tolerates low light, but grows faster and becomes more dramatic in a bright spot. In most areas, it can take some direct sun on its leaves when grown in the house. Water monstera regularly enough to keep the soil from drying out. The plant is somewhat drought tolerant, so you don't need to worry about keeping up with the watering all time. It's a survivor.
- Excellent house plant, tolerate many different light levels, low, medium or high light
- Water regular, don't allow soil to dry out completely; drain any excess water
- Contemporary yet classic indoor plant; used in many interior design settings
- Ships in stylish natural seagrass basket; basket is lined with a plastic liner to keep water from draining through floor
- Super easy to grow and not only stylish but the Monstera also serves as an air purifier
- Seagrass basket is hand-made and produced from natural materials; due to the baskets natural flexibility plant may need to be repositioned inside basket once it’s been taken out of the box