At last, a lavender truly adapted to our hot, humid summers and tough winters. Phenomenal is a groundbreaking hardy cultivar, truly a breeding breakthrough that every American gardener will love. This new American introduction refuses to die back in winter, tolerates extreme heat and humidity without melting out, resists rot and stands up to other foliar diseases that can make Lavender a challenge to grow. In other words, it conquers all the stumbling blocks that have held lavender back in gardens across the country. On Phenomenal, the bright blue blooms are held well above the silvery-green foliage, creating a canopy of color breathtaking even in a small planting. Both the flowers and the foliage are strongly fragrant. No wonder this plant was featured in the March/April 2014 issue of Fine Gardening Magazine and Better Homes and Gardens even named it a Must Grow Perennial. Phenomenal reaches about 24 in. to 32 in. high and wide, blooming heavily in late spring and early summer (much sooner than most other lavender varieties). We heartily recommend it for borders, meadows, mass plantings and containers in full sunshine and well-drained soil. Zones 4-8.
- Best lavender hands down
- Zone 4 to zone 8
- Full sun, height 24 in. to 32 in., width 18 in. to 24 in., makes a brilliant border or short hedge
- Summer bloomtime, earlier blooming than many lavenders
- Beautiful addition to any garden
- How to Grow Lavender in Your Garden.Click here to learn more.
- Shop all medium planter pots here.Click here to learn more.