Manufactured to be extremely sturdy, lag screws are some of the toughest fasteners. These black coated hex lag screws provide adequate corrosion and rust protection, making them a great choice for outdoor DIY projects. Use this lag screw to attach objects to wood and anchor masonry. Common applications include retaining walls, deck frames and outdoor play equipment. For masonry application, use the screw in conjunction with a lag shield. These coated lag screws have coarse threads designed for pre-drilled holes to prevent splitting or snapping. Minimal clearance is required above the fastener. The screws have a hexagonal drive for simple installation and controlled traction with a socket or wrench. Use in a pre-drilled hole, see product package for pre-drilling instructions.
- Designed to attach objects to wood and anchor masonry
- Black ceramic finish provides superior corrosion and rust protection
- Coarse threads requiring a pre-drilled hole with minimal clearance above the fastener
- Hex drive for controlled traction with a socket or wrench
- Parts measure 1/4 in. Dia
- Parts measure 3 in. L