Achieving a vintage, time-worn look is simple if you start with the right paint. With Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint and Deep Brown Creme Wax, creating beautiful home decor and furniture pieces does not require skills or hours of training. Make store-bought pieces or flea market finds look like they came from a European estate sale or a French countryside cottage. Simply paint first, and once the paint has completely dried, apply a coat of Creme Wax. The wax will fuse with the Chalky paint, making it very strong. Be sure to reapply regularly. For a glossy sheen, buff the wax after applying. For a matte finish, simply rub it in. Waxes are applied easily with a brush or a soft, clean rag. By using a wax instead of a varnish, you have more control over how the finished piece will look. Dark waxes can be used on top of Clear waxes to add an authentic antique look.
- Water-based, low odor
- One 8 oz. jar covers approximately 40-50 sq. ft.
- Apply sparingly, do not over wax, too much wax will leave a finished surface feeling tacky, rub off excess wax
- Waxes clean easily off brushes with soap and water, finished pieces can also be cleaned gently with a damp rag
- For a protected matte finish, just rub on without buffing, buffing will create a glossier sheen, no need to re-apply wax - initial coat provides long lasting durability
- 100% water-based and non-toxic
- Soap and water clean up while wet