Polar Berry is the only blackberry variety that produces white berries. In late spring to early summer, the plant is covered with white blooms that quickly make way for the sweet, white fruit. The entire Polar Berry plant lacks red coloring. Therefore, unlike other blackberry plants, Polar Berry plants have green foliage and green canes. The berries themselves are larger than other blackberries but are just as sweet and juicy. This is an excellent choice for making jams, jellies and preserves. The berries can also be juiced and or frozen for 6 to 8 months and eaten later. The plants exhibit good disease resistance and are self pollinating.
- Space plants approximately 4 ft. to 6 ft. apart for best results
- For best results, grow in well-drained, rich, slightly acidic, moist soil with a pH of 5.5 to 6.8
- Blooms in May and June
- Reaches standard mature height of 4 to 6 feet
- Produces fruit on second-year canes, leaves and canes are green, without the red coloring that usually runs through other blackberry plants
- Includes one plant in a 4 inch pot