The Santoku, a Japanese-style chef's knife, features a broad blade and low tip for less rocking action than a classic European chef's knife. Santoku performs a wide variety of cutting tasks, from fine chopping to dicing and paper-thin slicing. Our Kyocera 4 in. Mini Santoku offers all the benefits of a regular 5-1/2 in. Santoku: chopping boneless meats, fish, fruits and vegetables, just on a smaller scale. Perfect for people who want to feel a little more control and for the smaller hand. Zirconium oxide blades stay razor sharp at least 10 times longer than traditional cutlery, making them ideal for everyday use.
- Ceramic blade ground to microscopic precision by diamond wheels for rock-like edge with excellent sharpness retention
- Secret is in the ceramic material, zirconium oxide, a material only second to diamond in hardness
- Ceramic blades will never rust or change from their natural state
- Sharpen using Kyocera electric sharpener or mail to Kyocera for a nominal fee of 10 $ for shipping and handling
- Dishwasher safe top rack only