The 914 sink from MR Direct is a classic example of superior craftsmanship. It makes an artistic statement in any kitchen by flaunting its hand-hammered texture. Besides being an apron or farmhouse-style sink, the 914 has a number of distinctive features. It is constructed from 99% pure mined copper and its appearance will change over time as oxidation slowly produces a surface coating known as a patina. This effect is usually a major incentive for purchasing a copper sink, therefore MR Direct does not use any lacquers or waxes which could temporarily retard it. Sound-dampening pads on the underside of the sink keep noise to a minimum. Additionally, as it juts out just a bit further than standard apron designs, the curved front of this sink adds to its charm, while the wide open bowl adds to its functionality. Overall, the 914 measurement is 33-1/4 in. x 24-3/4 in. x 9-3/8 in. and will require a custom apron-style cabinet. 1 matching, pure copper flange rests over the garbage disposal and becomes the visible portion of the drain system below. When necessary, its stopper can be position to prevent waste or water from going down the drain.
- Nostalgic styling - an apron design with a curved, hand-hammered front and a broad rectangular bowl
- Pure copper - no scraps or recycled metals
- Living finish - an ever-changing patina adds old-world character to the copper appearance
- Noise cessation - sound-dampening pads, applied to the exterior, muffle noises created with use
- Moisture barrier - a specially-formulated, anti-condensation compound is sprayed on the exterior
- Guaranteed quality - a lifetime warranty covers the sink, a one-year warranty covers accessories