This kit offers you all the necessary Hot-dipped Galvanized Steel Dock Hardware and Foam Filled Polyethylene Commercial Floats to build a Semi-Floating Ramp/Gangway with the following dimensions : 4 or 5 ft wide by 12 or 16 ft long. This Semi-Floating Dock can be installed as a stand alone walkway or it can be added to another dock with a pair of hinges (item #19133 sold separately). When this Semi-Floating dock is installed as part of a whole floating dock system, it assures a smooth transition to the floating dock(s). With these 16-in floats you will obtain +/-18-in freeboard height. Plans and Instructions included will help you build a sturdy Dock of exceptional quality at an affordable price.
- Kit includes 1/4-in thick Hot-Dip Galvanized steel structural corner brackets and back plates, 1/8-in thick inside joists corners with back plates, two heavy duty leg holders and their corresponding 1/2" and 3/8" carriage bolts
- Includes 2 Premium Polyethylene Commercial Floats, 24 in. W x 48 in. L x 16 in. H with a 600 lbs buoyancy each, manufactured in the United States by Hendren Plastics. Eagle Floats exceed all the Marine Industry standards for encapsulated dock flotation using cutting edge technology: Infrared telemetry - Computer controlled steaming
- Kit includes two 36-in steel posts equipped with PVC caps and 6" x 6" HDG steel base plates. These ingenious base plates allow the posts to pass through a hole to be driven into shore ground or lake bottom and to be secured in place preventing them from sinking deeper
- Suggested lumber size for this kit is 2" x 6" for a sturdy dock that will be light enough for easy seasonal removal but you can also use 2" x 8" lumber. You choice will also be influenced by the other dock structures in your layout. Refer to the image on this page for the required material to get locally to complete this project.
- Pair of Dock Hinges, kit #19133 can be purchase separately to connect this semi-floating dock to a stationary or/and a floating dock and it is recommended to combine these hinges with the inside corners brackets. The remaining back plates will then be used on the other dock section if needed for the hinges installation
- If this semi-floating dock kit is to be installed as a stand-alone dock, get the Multi-Anchor Dock Kit #19111 to secure it from lateral movements with chains. See the Anchoring Suggestions in the Dock Layout Planning Guide on this webpage
- The Dock Floats have the best warranty in the industry: 15-year Limited Warranty and the Hot-dipped Galvanized Hardware has a Limited Lifetime Warranty