Fast-growing and easy to maintain, the Spider Plant has become one of the most popular room and office plants worldwide. The name refers to the tiny plantlets dangling from the ends of the mother plant’s wiry stems that resemble spiders floating on a web. Because of these dangling “spider-ettes”, Spider Plants are typically potted in hanging baskets, but will grow just as beautifully in traditional containers on mantles, tabletops and windowsills.
- Includes 4 Chlorphytum Spider Plant in 4 in. grower pot
- Typically grown indoors as a houseplant, but can be grown outdoors in USDA hardiness zones 9-11
- Mature size indoors is 1 ft. to 2 ft. tall and 1 ft. to 2 ft. w
- Name refers to the tiny plantlets dangling from the ends of the mother plants wiry stems that resemble spiders floating on a web
- Performs best in part shade to full shade