Elijah Blue Fescue Grass is one of the few plants boasting that unique turquoise/silvery-blue color that will grow just about anywhere in the United States. Blue Fescue is an extremely tough and colorful grass that's tolerant of drought, heat and humidity, as well as being notably cold-hardy down to minus 30°F. This dwarf grass retains its ever blue foliage throughout the year in milder winters and adds especially fine texture within the garden scheme with neatly mounded, blade-shaped needles. The luminous silver-blue leaves blend with the like-colored blooms, until the tall, upright plumes turn tan as they mature. Count on this variety to add no-fuss, no-hassle color all year. Elijah Blue Fescue Grass, botanical name Festuca glauca Elijah Blue, is suited to USDA zones 4-11 and flourishes in full sun. It reaches a height and spread of about 12 in. at maturity. Unlike many other blue-tinted ornamental grasses, Elijah Blue Fescue Grass is notably tolerant of heat and humidity, making it a long-standing favorite of gardeners in lower states like California, Florida and Texas. Its fine texture and luminous blue color make it a powerful attraction, whether it's a focal point or planted en masse.
- Shipped at a height between 6 in. and 18 in.
- Tolerant of hot, humid summers
- Bright, silver-blue color adds instant interest
- Finely textured blades add an excellent sharp dimension
- Low-maintenance and low-watering requirements
- Widely adaptable to warm and cold regions, as well as to both poor and fertile soil
- Shop all medium planter pots here.Click here to learn more.