Accolade is 1 of the most sought-after ornamental cherry cultivars in North America, largely due to the fact that its brilliant coral-pink and shell-shaped blossoms are usually the first to open in spring. The Accolade tree is especially popular in New York and Southeastern states like Georgia and Florida. The translucent-pink shade of Accolade flowers is wonderfully unique, the blossoms seemingly glow with electricity when caught by the suns rays. They also grow in neat clusters, adorning the limbs from the tree trunk all the way to the tips. Accolade will continue to astonish year after year with its luminescent bouquets and is deeply appreciated as the perfect introduction to the natural gracefulness of spring.
- Accolade is among the earliest blooming cherry trees
- Translucent petals glow like neon in the sunlight
- Unique coral-pink blossoms are shaped in the form of seashells
- Leaves turn pumpkin-orange in autumn, giving accolade multi-seasonal interest
- Accolade has received the award of garden merit from the royal horticultural society for its elegance and beauty