Autumnalis is the only Cherry Blossom Tree known to consistently bloom twice in a year. This wonderful cultivar is extremely popular worldwide due to its unique fall/winter appeal and is known by different names in different locations, including Winter-Flowering Cherry, Higan Cherry, Pendula and the Rosebud Cherry. The Autumnalis tree blooms exceptionally early in spring, usually before all other flowering cherry varieties and then once more in late autumn. These blossoms have even been known to appear in the middle of winter. Their rose-pink coloring gives these blossoms a beautifully simple, yet elegant appearance unlike any other. When in full bloom, these bell-shaped flowers appear in large clusters which adorn the tips of the branches, all the way to the trunk of the tree. The Autumnalis Cherry Blossom is an ancient tree originating in the archipelago of Japan where it still thrives. Its among the oldest Cherry Blossom varieties and also the most famous, including Yoshino and the Double-Pink Weeping Cherry. Autumnalis is the only known Cherry Blossom Tree to bloom its gorgeous flowers twice a year, making it a beautifully unique ornamental piece for landscapes across the world.
- Bare root, 3 ft. to 4 ft. tall and 2-years old
- Flowers bloom twice a year, once in spring and then again in autumn or winter
- Simple, yet elegant blossoms are colored rose-pink, shaped like tiny bells and flower in huge clusters
- Autumnalis is 1 of the earliest cherries to bloom in spring
- Originating in ancient Japan, autumnalis was adapted to grow across the archipelago, this adaptability has allowed autumnalis to thrive all over the United States
- Autumnalis has received the award of garden merit from the royal horticultural society for its elegance and beauty
- Return Policy