Microwave ovens are involved in more than 7,000 building fires each year, resulting in about 150 civilian injuries each year and millions of dollars in direct property damage. Used improperly and left unattended, microwaves can cause tens of thousands of false alarms annually, building evacuations, costly fire department responses and potentially dangerous homeowner or tenant apathy. Safe-T-sensor is engineered to help prevent microwave fires and nuisance/false alarms by interrupting power to the microwave at the first sign of smoke. This easy to install cooking fire prevention product is the smart choice for colleges/universities, hospitals, senior’s residences, hotels/motels, office buildings or anywhere else microwave ovens are used. Auto shut off at the first sign of smoke Auto reset LED indicator. Easy to install (Note: This product is not recommended for use on built-in microwaves - unless the exhaust vents are exposed or microwaves with a manual dial-timer.).