The PRO-LAB DIY Mold Test Kit Includes 3 different sample methods that test for all mold types. It is an extremely affordable way to test for mold in your home but keep in mind lab results are an additional cost of $40. The kit includes a postage-paid mailer and Free expert consultation to go over your detailed report All 3 Collection methods available for one lab Fee: Air sample: This kit uses a petri dish in which the user collects a sample of the air particles in a room. The dish is opened up and left near the suspected area of mold for one hour so that air particles can settle in the medium at the bottom. Then, the dish is covered and incubated for 72 hours; if mold grows, you can have it analyzed to determine what type of mold is present Swabs: (aka visual sample): Good for damp surfaces or visible mold spots, this test kit also includes a swab that is rubbed over the suspected surface to collect the test sample. The swab is placed in the enclosed plastic bag and sent to a lab for analysis. Bulk Material: if you have a piece of drywall or other moldy material just put a small sample in the enclosed plastic bag and sent it to a lab for analysis.
- PRO-LAB test kit offers 4 easy sampling methods which detects the presence of toxic mold in your home
- Different sources of indoor moisture that may cause mold problems in your home or office: flooding, leaky roofs, humidifiers, damp basement or crawl spaces, constant plumbing leaks, house plants, steam from cooking, shower/bath steam and leaks, wet clothes and clothes dryers vented indoors
- Some of the symptoms of mold exposure include: respiratory problems, asthma, nasal and sinus congestion, irritation of nose, throat or skin, dizziness and fever
- $40.00 lab analysis fee required for standard lab results
- Kit includes prepaid envelope for shipping to the lab
- Return Policy