Pennzoil motor oil, America's most trusted motor oil***, is an advanced proprietary conventional formula with active cleansing agents that is engineered to help clean up sludge in your engine. It provides a balance between reducing frictional losses and protection against harmful engine wear by getting between moving parts to prevent them from touching. It exceeds the stringent engine protection standards required by ILSAC GF-5 API SN and is specially formulated to provide protection against the harmful effects of stop-and-go driving, and low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines.
- Contains an active cleansing technology to help clean out sludge lesser motor oils leave behind*
- Pennzoil motor oil is suitable for passenger cars, light-duty trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles that are fueled with gasoline including E10 and E85 grades
- No leading conventional oil provides better wear protection by preventing metal-on-metal contact**
- Contains a proprietary formulation that is designed to reduce friction between moving engine parts
- Helps protect against the effects of low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in modern turbocharged engines
- Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications: API SN PLUS, API SN-RC and all previous categories and ILSAC GF-5
- For a full list of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Help Desk and always consult your owner's manual.
- *Based on severe sludge clean-up and Sequence VG tests using SAE 5W-30. **Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30. *** Based on a leading independent research study between April 2013 and June 2017.