K-lock nuts feature a built-in external tooth lock washer that is free spinning. The teeth on the lock washer can bite into the surface and help lock the nut into place. They can be more convenient than using a standard hex nut along with a separate external tooth lock washer. As with standard hex nuts, they can be installed using a wrench or socket set.
- Size: 5/16 in.-24
- Hex nut with a built-in free spinning external tooth lock washer
- Teeth on lock washer help to lock nut into place
- Screws onto a bolt, cap screw or threaded rod of the same thread size
- Also known as a kep nut
- Thread type: fine, thread class: UNF-2B
- Specification(s) met: ASME B1.1