Pure Beauty Farms grows this interesting ornamental pineapple plant, which sprouts an actual pineapple from a large center stem (not for eating). Our ornamental pineapple plant is part of the Bromeliad family, which is native to tropical climates but do very well as indoor plants. It has swordlike spiny green leaves, formed in a dense rosette, with the fruit held in the center on a tall sturdy stalk. Being a sun lover it can be grown on a sunny kitchen windowsill, a sun room or just about any place where it will receive about 6-hours or so of sunlight. Many people grow them indoors in the winter and place them outside in a sunny location during the warmer months. The ornamental pineapple plant makes a unique living gift for someone with a taste for the exotic. This strikingly spiky pineapple plant will give any home or office a tropical transformation. Allow the soil to dry out between watering.
- Pineapple plant will tolerate drought and sandy soil so long as careful attention is placed on water and fertilizer needs
- Water once a week unless the soil does not hold water well, then you may need to water twice per week
- Plant is outside pay careful attention during long, hot, dry periods, it may be necessary to water more frequently, especially if flowering or setting fruit
- Mulch soil to reduce evaporation and be mindful of drainage as saturated soil can produce rot
- Hand picked from our Pure Beauty Farms
- Beautify Your Home or Yard with Tropical Plants.Click here to learn more.
- Shop all medium planter pots here.Click here to learn more.
- Return Policy