The multiple grooves on the stone allow you to find the perfect fit for any triangular or round chisel, gouge, or other kind of woodworking tool. If you have a straight blade you can flip the stone over and use the flat side so you don't need two separate stones. The 400 grit is better for repairing damaged knives or removing chips as it will grind away more material from the blade. The 1000 grit is good for general-use sharpening and adding a polish to your blade. ADDITIONAL TIPS: *Be patient and take your time while sharpening, it could take up to an hour to sharpen depending on how dull or damaged your blade has become. *If the stone starts to feel dry or you feel too much friction, spray a splash of water to the stone. *Wipe with a dry cloth and wait til the stones are dry before storage. This will help extend the lifespan of the sharpening stones.
- For curved blades: with multiple grooves, this innovative sharpening stone allows you to sharpen and polish a variety of round, curved, or triangular chisels, gouges, knives, and other small hand tools
- Choose Your Grit: Our wood carving kit comes with 2 double-sided stones, one grooved and one flat. The 400 grit stone is best for sharpening while the 1000 grit stone is used for polishing.
- User Friendly: No need for expensive honing oils, simply soak the stones in water for 10-15 minutes and start sharpening your blades. We include a quickstart guide in the user manual to help get you started
- Dual Sided: Not only can you sharpen your speciality wood carving knives and tools, you can also flip the stones over to use the flat side for sharpening kitchen knives, scissors, or other normal straight blades with just one stone
- Easy Maintenance: Simply wipe with a dry cloth and let the sharpening stone air dry before packing away. Leaving mousitre on the stone is harmful for the lifespan of the stone and the bamboo base
- Return Policy