With its compact design, the Studor Redi-Vent Air Admittance Valve with PVC Adapter offers a simple drain and waste venting solution. Great for venting a single fixture or a group of bathroom fixtures, the Redi-Vent air admittance valve is designed to fit 1-1/2- and 2-inch pipes and excels in tight applications. This one-way valve automatically opens and takes in fresh air when negative pressure (suction) occurs from a fixture discharging into the plumbing system. When the water flow stops, the Redi-Vent closes naturally due to gravity, preventing the circulation of any bad bathroom or drain odors. With a capacity of 20 DFUs (drain fixture units) on a branch, this economical negative pressure valve creates essential ventilation that prevents the loss of water seals in traps, eliminating the need to install expensive and unsightly roof penetrations and vent piping. Designed for residential and commercial use, the Studor Redi-Vent Air Admittance Valve (AAV) can be used in conjunction with other Studor AAVs to complement larger high-rise building drainage systems. The active air valve is designed with an exclusive vermin protection system to keep out insects and foreign objects.
- Compact air admittance valve with PVC adapter; ideal for a single fixture or group of fixtures up to 20 DFUs (drain fixture units) on a branch
- Creates ventilation that prevents the loss of water seal in trap
- Uses gravity to automatically close seal and prevent circulation of unpleasant bathroom or drain odors; exclusive vermin protection system keeps out bugs and foreign objects
- Fits 1-1/2 in. and 2 in. piping; temperature rating of -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65.6°C); complies to ANSI/ASSE 1050 and 1051; this style air admittance valve is not recognized as a mechanical vent in the International Building Code
- WARNING - This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and reproduction harm.
- Limited warranty for replacement of defective valves