No change after 48 hours. And during the 48 hours, it beeps every few minutes without showing numbers.
I can't answer your question without more info. My unit plugs into an outlet. It is not screwed in. This unit monitors RADON GAS, not natural gas. This is not a Carbon Monoxide detector. Do you have a radon mitigation unit in your house? If the detector is reading above 4.0, have a radon specialist check out your home.
Fortunately, my Radon detector worked right from the get-go, no issues. I move it periodically from basement room to basement room to check Radon levels. The initial readings where high at about 10. After having mitigation installed it continues to read 0.3 to 1.4. I guess my basement is safe enough based on the readings I'm getting.
Yes, the data is saved in case of a power outage and will only be erased if you manually reset/clear the memory of the device.
I’m just a consumer not an expert It takes a few days to get a reading. I keep it plugged in in the basement (not battery powered BTW) and it gives a constant updated reading I think even the most expensive devices takes days to get the initial reading
With the understanding that this device is has the "potential" to give an inaccurate reading. The test device that "Certified" radon testers, have get their test units re-calibrated every few months I think. I can' t see this to be any worse than the little carbon disc you put out for a couple days, definitely no reason to BAN it from the state. Well the Iowa dept of public health has some issue with people testing things for themselves.(read below link) https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/iac/chapter/11-12-2014.641.43.pdf
Yes. Just follow the directions. Press and hold for 15 sec I think. It will start beeping as you are holding the button down. This indicates the alarm is off. Please confirm with your manual.
No, why would you ask that? It’s also not a breathalyzer in case you’re wondering.
Mine was very old too. A few years ago, I got a new Series 3 to get the tenths readout. Run these side by side, the old one reads the same whole number. 4.2 on the new, and 4 on the old one. I've run these things 24-7 for at least 10 years total time. They seem to be long lasting instruments. Once in a while they get errors at the same time, makes me think it's a AC power line glitch..