The RPBZ retrofit post base is designed to reinforce existing posts and columns. The single, versatile model will fit on any size post consisting of a double 2x4 or larger. RPBZ can also be used to reinforce new post-base connections, such as braced carports, patio covers, decks and other structures. The RPBZ can be installed with the CPS composite plastic standoff to meet a 1" post standoff code requirement. A single RPBZ can be installed on a post that is flush to a corner, and two RPBZs can be installed at away-from-edge conditions to fortify the post-base connection to resist both wind and seismic forces.
- Designed to reinforce existing posts and columns
- The single, versatile model will fit on any size post consisting of a nominal double 2x4 or larger
- Can be used to reinforce new post-base connections such as braced carports , patio covers, trellises and other structures
- Made from 12-gauge steel
- Comes standard in ZMAX finish to meet exposure conditions in many environments
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.