The simple answer is yes. In fact I know of many plumbers who only buy 8' lengths and cut what they need. However cutting the product is not simple and takes skill in preparation. Today most plumbers use a chop saw with an appropriate blade. The more traditional way is with tin snips. This takes some practice and the correct snips; as there are snips that cut, left, right and straight. Typically the color of the handle indicates the direction. Wear gloves for safety. The Element is cut using a copper tubing cutter after the fins have been removed. It can take some practice so you may want to practice on the piece being discarded before doing the critical cut.
I am very sorry when we originally set up this product the spec sheet showing the measurements was not available. I will add it now but it may take a few days to appear. The product is 7 3/16" tall. The spec sheet can currently be found on the Slant Fin web site but as I said will be added to the HD site in a few days.
The damper on baseboard board is not there to really direct the heat its more to turn it on and off. Allow me to explain. Baseaboard puts out 580 BTU's per foot. 75% of that is by convection. Meaning the air between the fins is heated and rises up through the by the possess of convection. But it is not blowing with any velocity that can be directed. The remaining 25% is given off by a process called radiation. This is heat going from the baseboard to the objects in the room without heating the air in between. So by opening and closing the damper you can control the out put. So if a bed room is unused you can reduce the heat in that room. The Revital/Line product does not have a damper, so you lose this ability. However it does not reduce the overall heat output. It will be the same as before.
The Revial/Line inside corner is set on the Home Depot web site as SKU 305564194 if you put that number in the search block it will come up. The outside corner is not on the site and would need to be ordered through a store.
Yes the plastic spacers that prevent noise when the element expands and contracts, as well as the brackets are included. If you are curious as to what these look like, they are shown in the short video on the Home Depot web site. If you enter the term “Revital/Line” in the search block, on The Home Depot web site all the Revital/Line items that Home Depot offers on line will appear. Splice plates also referred to as filler sleeves are there. They are SKU 305564195. Currently we are out of stock but expect them to come in within the next few days.