Strawberry Creme Brule Itoh Peony delivers blooms that are intriguingly diverse. They will open as dark pink and mature to creamy salmon-pink with burgundy flecks. This is likely to give you several different bloom colors at times. They will also vary from single blooms to fully double blooms, with most appearing as semi-doubles. This Itoh peony blooms like crazy. It averages 3 to 4 flowers per stem, although sometimes it will get up to 5 or 6. With most types of peonies, ants are attracted to the nectar around peony buds. While they are not harmful to the plant, and can be fun to watch dancing across the buds, it can be frustrating if the ants venture into your home. If that has been keeping you from putting peonies in your garden, try this variety. As an Itoh peony, it doesn't produce the nectar that attracts ants. Peonies can last for decades in the garden, so Strawberry Creme Brule makes a great foundation planting. It also works in a perennial border or cutting garden.
- Space plants approximately 30 in. to 36 in. apart for best results
- For best results, grow in sandy soil
- Blooms in late spring through midsummer
- Reaches standard mature height of 31 in. to 33 in.
- Includes 1 plant in a 4 in. pot
- Botanical name: paeonia strawberry creme brulee
- Grows and flowers best in full sun
- Due to state regulations, this plant cannot be shipped to AE, AK, GU, HI, PR