A Japanese Maple tree can bring elegance to gardens, landscapes, or even to a patio in a container. It is a gorgeous ornamental tree with a graceful silhouette. Its finely textured foliage and intense red color create a beautiful summer-to-fall accent wherever it is planted.
- Space plants approximately 15 ft. to 20 ft. apart for best results
- For best results, grow in well-drained acidic, clay, or loamy soil enriched with humus
- Reaches standard mature height of 15 ft. to 20 ft.
- Includes one 1 ft. to 2 ft. bareroot
- Botanical name: acer palmatum atropurpurea
- Amend clay soils with organic matter for increased drainage
- Grows and flowers best in full sun, partial shade
- Keep moist but well drained, do not over water, apply 3 in. to 5 in. of mulch around the base of the tree to reduce watering