The most cost-effective Friction Free Tile leveling system on the market. The Litolevel bases 250 includes 250 bases they are used with the Litolevel cones and nuts 250. Litolevel guarantees simple and fast tile laying, eliminating lippage between tiles, thus ensuring perfectly level floors and coverings. Litolevel is recommended for the laying of large porcelain stoneware, ceramic and natural stone tiles, as well as thin porcelain stoneware or agglomerate stone slabs (thickness 3/6 mm, 1/8 in. 1/4 in.). The system is composed of 3 elements: base, cone and nut. It does not require the use of pliers or tools of any type. This system also allows fast removal in the event joints need to be cleaned of any fresh glue, which in certain situations may fall between the tiles during laying. Immediately after the cleaning phase, the system can easily be reinserted to keep the tiles level until the glue has hardened.The distinct advantages of using LITOLEVEL in comparison with traditional clips and wedge systems, in particular :
- NO twisting effects between the tiles or scratches on the tile face This system is designed to apply pressure by screwing the nut on the cone that is free and therefore the system is able to level the tiles with great efficiency without creating twisting effects between the tiles or scratches on the face of the tiles.
- The nut produces a vertical pressure on the cone that is free and thus prevents undesirable horizontal movements of the tiles that would create an incorrect alignment between the same and thus joints not consistently dimensioned. The cone does not rub on the face of the tiles that could otherwise be stained or scratched. Clips and wedge systems have been show to stain or scratch some tile surfaces.
- Recommended for floor tile installation and highly recommended for wall tile installation. The system is able to level the tiles gradually by increasing or decreasing the pressure by simply rotating the nut, thus allowing the tile installer to make the small adjustments needed during the installation. During the wall tile installation this type of adjustments are important and clips and wedge systems cannot allow these.
- Always joint and tile face are free of hardened thin set LITOLEVEL allows a quick removal of the nuts and cups if it is necessary to clean the joints or tile faces from the fresh thin set that in some situations fits between the tiles during laying and so immediately after the cleaning phase the system can easily be set again in order to maintain the tiles leveled until the glue hardened.
- Instead, clips and wedge systems do not allow these types of adjustments, when the wedge is set between the tile and clip there is no possibility of any minimum adjustment, and there in no simple method to remove the clip without breaking it.
- s you can see below, by the American Standards, clips and wedge systems are not suitable for the installation of gauged porcelain tiles or slabs. Instead LITOLEVEL is recommended for large porcelain tiles, ceramic and natural stone tiles as well as porcelain or agglomerated tiles and slabs (thickness 3 / 6mm).
- No need of tools LITOLEVEL does not require the use of pliers or tools. Clips and wedge systems can work without tools but the use of the pliers are strongly recommended since it is not a comfortable process of insertion of the wedge hundreds of times per day.. installers don't like having a “sore hands” at the end of the day.