Most days, one would find Marion Rose putting on her favorite music or playing an old video before settling in to paint for the day in her spacious studio, especially once the winter chill set in. Her work is influenced by past masters such as Joaquin Sorolla, Tom Thomson, Carl Rungius, Bob Kuhn, and many others that work today in a variety of subject and media. She also studied printmaking, life painting and drawing in college in her 30's. Her subjects come from her life of traveling enthusiastically as often as she could, both close to home or across the ocean. Sketching and studying animals were a favorite pastime, setting an excellent foundation for creating authentic work. Texture and richly colored paint applied generously by knife or brush strokes capture the essence of a subject's spirit and demeanor.
- Giclee (jee-clay) is an advanced printmaking process for creating high quality fine art reproductions virtually indistinguishable from the original piece
- Solid wood frame for durability and stability
- Available in multiple sizes to fit your decor needs
- Preassembled for easy installation
- Hang anywhere with the attached sawtooth hanger
- Gallery wrap is a method of stretching an artist's canvas around the sides of a hidden, wooden frame for a frameless presentation of the finished painting