Grown by United Nursery, the Calathea Rufibarba, which is more commonly called Fuzzy Feathers due to the leaves shape and the fact that the undersides have little hairs on them. The Calatheas plant has an upright growth habit with long, curvy leaves. But what really stands out is the purple undersides of the leaves which provide interesting and unique texture to any room of your house or office. Easy to care for, the calathea plant will have everyone thinking that you have a gifted green thumb. This plant is a perfect addition to any living space in your home or office. The Calathea enjoys bright to medium lighting conditions but will tolerate lower lighting levels. To beautify your plant use containers with drain holes to drain excess water and keep your plant healthy. Indoor house plants are proven to be excellent air purifiers that removes pollutants and chemicals from the air for healthy living. Studies show that house plants can decrease stress and anxiety and stimulate creativity. Great for yourself or as a gift.
- Fuzzy feathers commonly known as fuzzy feathers or Velvet Calathea due to the tiny hairs that cover its waxy leaves and stems and give the plant a soft, velvety feel, calathea rufibarba is a tall calathea variety with red stems and deep green, elongated leaves with a dark purple underside
- Simple to care for tropical plant your calathea needs bright to medium indirect sunlight but are tolerant in lower light conditions, making them perfect houseplant companions, water the plant only when the top inch of soil is dry with filtered room temperature water, always allow the water to drain and dry accordingly before watering again, the calathea lives comfortably in 60°F to 85°F
- Indoor house plant as natural air purifier the calathea makes a great addition to any indoor or outdoor space, in your home or office this tropical indoor plant will add flair to any an all living spaces, indoor houseplants help decrease stress and anxiety while stimulating creativity and productivity
- Pet warning: according to the ASPCA this plant is not toxic to pets if ingested, not for human consumption
- Shipping to extreme cold weather states is also not recommended, each live plant will be slightly different, thus the plant you receive may vary from the photo representation
- The Calathea Rufibarba will measure between 22 - 26 inches tall at the time of shipping, Measurements are taken from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant