Astilbe are very popular, rugged, versatile, shade lovers that thrive in moist conditions. They produce tall, long, elegant, colorful plumes above divided fern-like green foliage in the summer. It adds bursts of impressive color to the garden landscape. Best yet, they are low maintenance, attract butterflies, but are deer and rabbit resistant. They are quite diverse with hundreds of varieties available. Each overachieves in providing splendid flower shows. Use them in groups or mass them to create a ground cover. Pick for cutting when they are half opened. This picture perfect blend consists of Astilbe varieties: Wedding Cake, Strawberry Cake, Black Berry Cake and Frosty cake.
- Fall planted perennials grow larger faster
- Continuously blooming throughout the season
- Suitable for full shade
- Each plume consists of hundreds of blossoms opening in succession
- Astibles are very popular, rugged, versatile, shade lovers that thrive in moist conditions
- How to Plant Fall Bulbs.Click here to learn more.