Vermiculite is an organic, asbestos-free soil amendment that promotes faster root growth and gives quick anchorage to young roots. Vermiculite helps retain air, plant food and moisture, releasing them as the plant requires them. Mixing vermiculite in flower and vegetable gardens or in potted plants will provide the necessary air to maintain vigorous plant growth while reducing watering frequency and allowing roots to spread . To care for plants and lawns - where soils are sandy, mix vermiculite into the soil, as this will allow the soil to hold water and air needed for growth. Vermiculite can even used alone or with soil for seed germination.
- Use to improve moisture retention and aeration in potting mixes
- Supports root structure to stimulate fast root growth
- Organic soil conditioner registered with the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) for earth-friendly gardening
- Certified asbestos-free for safety
- Invigorate your lawn or garden with a wide assortment of exclusive Vigoro products. Click here to learn more.
- Click here to view the Types of Soil Buying Guide