Inspired by traditional Asian design, our Emperor Series offers wonderful sound and is intended to reflect balance, harmony, grace and beauty. Chinese instrument makers have made gongs for thousands of years and are deserving of their reputation of making the best in the world. Many processes go into creating the special sound of a Chinese Gong, including fine toning as a result of hand-hammering. For over a thousand years, gongs of various types have played an important role in both the religious and secular music of many Asian cultures. Gongs were sounded to chase away evil spirits, warn of invading armies, heal the sick and invoke the spirits of the dead. To be touched by a gong was said to bring happiness and strength. Today, this revered instrument of warriors, emperors, princes and priests adds a special aura to any setting. Handcrafted using traditional methods, Woodstock Gongs bring the ancient wonders of the Far East home. This gong is designed to hang from a string loop, rather than an O-ring.
- Woodstock Gongs are hand-hammered by a master gong maker and materials that have gone into crafting gongs for thousands of years, so each one delivers a rich, authentic sound
- Black finish ash wood, brass gong
- Made With Long-Lasting Materials - This handcrafted, wind-activated gong resists most weather conditions. Made of black finish ash wood, hand-hammered bronzed brass gong
- A Perfect Gift - Ready to give in a kraft gift box, Woodstock Chimes' Emperor Gong - Large, Black wind gong is a great Birthday, Anniversary, Bereavement, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Wedding, Housewarming or Christmas gift
- Why Woodstock Chimes? - GRAMMY(R) Award-winning musician Garry Kvistad founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979, offering a unique variety of high quality, affordable wind chimes, musical gifts and outdoor decor, outside decor and indoor decor
- Return Policy