Water valves (hot and cold) must be corrosive free and within 6 ft. of hookup
Verify your existing electrical and water connections
Empty & unplug your old appliance
Care never stops. That's why the Whirlpool smart front load washer helps you stay in control and connected from anywhere. Fill the Load & Go XL Plus dispenser with detergent and fabric softener once every 40 loads and get notifications when you're running low. The washer's touchscreen gives you instant access to the settings you use most (Appliance must be set to remote enable. Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change. Based on an 8 lbs. load.).
Skip steps with the LOAD & GO XL Plus dispenser. Simply add detergent and fabric softener once and skip refills for 40 loads. You'll even get notifications when it's time to refill. (Based on an 8 lbs. load. Appliance must be set to remote enable. Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change
Stay in control and connected from anywhere. The Whirlpool app lets you set, start or pause the wash cycle and track progress when you're away. (Appliance must be set to remote enable. Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change
Fit more in a single load with our largest capacity front load washer at 5.0 cu. ft.
Let the washer guide you to the right cycle combinations or customize up to 35 of your own to get the right type of fabric care for whatever you're washing
Get instant access to the settings you use most with a touchscreen that learns, adapts and suggests customized presets based on your family's routines. Create and save up to 30 of your own favorite cycles for even more customized care.
Let the washer keep laundry moving for you by adding this option to select wash cycles. After washing ends, it uses hot air to tumble dry clothes right in the washer. (Wash & Dry an 8 lbs. load in less than 6 hours 15 minutes, Regular/Normal cycle.)
Keep clothes fresh for up to 12 hours after the wash cycle has ended. A built-in fan activates after the wash cycle is over, tumbling clothes for up to 12 hours so you can finish laundry when you're ready
Get help removing everyday stains with the Steam Clean option, which gets deep into fabrics with increased wash action and heat
The Sanitize cycle uses increased water temperature to eliminate 99.9% of common household bacteria. (Bacteria tested were K. Pneumonia, P. aeruginosa, S. aureus.)
Your small lightly soiled loads will be clean in as little as 15 minutes with the Quick Wash cycle. (Based on an 3 lbs. load , Regular/Quick cycle)
Give your most vibrant colors the care they need with the Cold Wash cycle that adjusts wash actions and time, combined with gentle temperatures, to provide optimal fabric care
Use the single load dispenser when you want to wash with a different detergent than the one currently in the Load & Go dispenser. Additional compartments for bleach and fabric softener make sure any additives get dispensed at just the right time during the cycle
Care for your family from your smartphone or tablet. (Appliance must be set to remote enable. Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change
You don't need to be a tech expert to connect your new appliance. Simply open the Whirlpool app, add your appliance and follow the guided experience to get up and running quickly. (Appliance must be set to remote enable. Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change
Coming soon: Control your laundry no matter what you've got on your hands with simple voice commands using a compatible voice-enabled device. (Appliance must be set to remote enable. Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change
The Whirlpool app delivers quick tips to make sure your family's laundry gets the care it deserves while helping laundry day go more smoothly. (WiFi & App Required. Features subject to change. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.)
Save your favorite cycles under any name and edit at any time. Access Favorite Cycles from the Whirlpool app to send laundry cycles to your washer and start the load remotely.
Get immediate support for quick solutions by using your smartphone or tablet to access troubleshooting videos. (Wi-Fi and App required. Features subject to change
This has been the worst washer I think we have ever owned. Still under warranty and just a few ...
March 8, 2020
Energy efficiency :
This has been the worst washer I think we have ever owned. Still under warranty and just a few months old but already the rep has had to be here 4 times to "fix" issues like flooding , power just going off, etc. After 4th visit said ok all good but again couple weeks later the washer has no power. Won't even turn on. Have had no storms no power issues everything else in the house works perfectly even the dryer but this washer for all the money we spent is a dud and a lemon. We have contacted Home Depot gone to the store and they could care less. Just say call the Whirlpool people..ok folks we have 4 times and they can't seem to fix it properly ...stand behind your products people. If you see people a lemon replace it...IT IS UNDER WARRANTY and has had to be repaired 4 times already and we've had it a few months. Whirlpool used to mean good product good service and sure they send people out after a week or so of waiting but in the end the product isn't fixed and it's still not working. Won't buy from Home Depot again or Whirlpool. They should have offered to replace the washer knowing it's having so many issues and we were told also they know there are issues with this model. My husband went up there several times to talk to Home Depot and they could have cared less. Thumbs down and don't buy this junk.
Was this helpful?
Response from WhirlpoolTeamMarch 9, 2020
Hey Dallasgal, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Whirlpool® Washer. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa/ or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
My only complaint is that after the wash cycle when I remove my laundry. The inside of the glass door is dripping with water and the bottom of the inside rim has lint, hair, and debris. I have to clean the door and rim before removing the laundry.
I am a 10 year loyal LG customer until now. This 5.0 cu. ft. High Efficiency Smart Chrome Shadow Stackable Front Load Washing Machine with Load and Go XL Plus Dispenser is a beauty loaded with many useful features that is built in America. Yes-America! First, the cosmetics: the chrome shadow color is pleasing to the eye. (Unit is available in white if needed for about $30 less). The unit is very sleek in design with no protruding handles or knobs. The door is thinner than my previous unit, which can be helpful for more compact laundry spaces. Now, the features: The buttons on the control panel are press and hold, which takes a little to get used to; however, this is a nice feature for those who have cabinets overhead and reach over the machine to retrieve items. The press and hold feature prevents accidentally leaning on the control panel and interrupting the wash cycle. However, the location of the control panel may be inconvenient for taller people and appears to have been designed more for convenience when used with the Whirlpool pedestal (WFP2715), which will add approx. 15 and 1/5 more inches of height. There is a feature to add a garment if you realize something was forgotten for a load. The amount of time for this feature is sufficient and remains displayed on the control panel for a few minutes even after the door locks. If you do not add detergent to the Load and Go, a reminder will constantly pop up on the control panel to remind you that the detergent is low. There is a feature to by the Load and Go dispenser so the message stops. The single load and the Load and Go are plastic, which is an upgrade from previous front load machines I have owned and will prevent rust and corrosion. Next, is it quiet? This has to be the quietest washer I have ever owned and I thought my previous LG was quiet. I kept waiting for it to spin and finally realized it already had. There are settings to control the volume on the sound notifications for the functions of the machine, the lighting of the display and also a mute for those who like no sound. Now for the Wifi: I did have a little trouble setting this up, but it was no fault of the machine. It was a little frustrating due to the number of steps such as having to download the app and set up an account with Whirlpool. I read the manuals and followed the steps and was able to complete the process. Using the remote from my iPhone is such a cool feature, I am glad I set it up. All in all, it is a super great machine! Well worth it!
Some useful installation tips:
1. The unit is extremely heavy and requires a minimum of two men. The extra machines weight is a bonus for preventing shaking from unbalanced loads.
2. Use braded hoses sold here at The Home Depot to prevent line failures.
3. Check all connections twice for leaks.
4. Remove and KEEP the 4 shipping bolts for future warranty or future transportation needs.
5. A solid foundation is important to reduce unbalanced loads. If the unit is not on a concrete surface one can add an extra layer of plywood or Hardie board to the floor to create a better base.
6. Leveling is the most important tip I can give. Level all sides per the manufacturer's instructions to prevent shaking. A tip I was given from a veteran tech: If your unit shakes then level unit one all sides and then-while the unit is in spin mode raise the front upward equally to allow the clothes to move away from the door. It works on all brands.
7. Read all of the manuals thoroughly. Twice! This is a complex machine with tons of useful tips and features to become familiar with.
8. Consider an extended warranty as today's washers and dryers are not your parents machines from yesterday. They are loaded with technology that is more complicated to service and that extra peace of mind is an added bonus.
I highly recommend this high quality Whirlpool 5.0 cu. ft. High Efficiency Smart Chrome Shadow Stackable Front Load Washing Machine with Load and Go XL Plus Dispenser washer. If it is in one's budget, I feel that it will perform well and trouble-free for many years. Whirlpool is a brand we all trust and a leader in setting appliance standards and new product innovations. A very nice washer!
Pros: Durable, Easy to Clean, Good Size & Weight, High Quality, Lots of Features, very heavy which is good for saying in balance.
Cons: on line app and connection is tedious but doable., discrepancy with online manual vs manual included.
I absolutely love this washing machine! It's the top-of-the-line model, so it comes at a high price, but I think it's easily worth the cost over lower-end models. Consider all the upgraded features you're getting:
(1) a very cool touchscreen that makes selecting modes a breeze - it's so much more intuitive than the array of buttons and dials on most washers. It also puts the buttons you need right in front of you at the right time, like the "add garment" button, which only appears when adding garments is an option.
(2) smartphone controls, which allows you to start/stop the washer from your phone, but more importantly, sends you a phone alert when your wash is done, which is very useful so you don't forget about it!
(3) The Load and Go XL Plus Dispenser, which is simply brilliant. Seriously, it makes doing laundry so much simpler. No forgetting to put detergent in, no cleaning up a mess if you spill some. Really, it saves a minute or two every load, which adds up!
(4) a big 5 cu ft capacity
(5) an attractive color
Now, I don't know if Whirlpool's other washers have the same drive unit, but the one thing I was blown away by was this washer's SILENCE! It's so quiet, even when it's spinning nearly every last drop of water of your laundry with its ultra-high-speed spin. Maybe it will get out of balance eventually, but for now, there's none of the shaking and rattling of my previous washer, and the motor seems quieter even during the wash portion of the cycle.
With all that said, there are five issues I've identified, some of them fairly major depending on your needs:
(1) It seems Whirlpool released some incorrect marketing information when it launched this model: "After washing ends, it uses hot air to tumble dry clothes right in the washer (Wash and Dry an 8 lb. load in less than 6 hours 15 minutes, Regular/Normal cycle)". There isn't actually a wash and dry option in the controls, just "fan fresh". So if you're were expecting this to be a combo washer/dryer, you'll be disappointed. It will not dry clothes, period.
(2) The "chrome shadow" is not chrome at all, nor brushed steel like kitchen appliances. It's just grey metallic paint. That's fine, but the fact that it always costs more to get this finish than white paint is a little bothersome. Perhaps the metallic paint costs more to apply, but it certainly feels like Whirlpool is charging a big premium for it.
(3) As sleek as it is to have a touchscreen built into the door, it does make the buttons a big harder to use than if they were on the upper panel, closer to the user. I find myself squatting down to select modes, which I've never done with my standard push-button washer/dryers.
(4) This extra-large 5 cu ft model has the same height and width as other models (which is an industry standard), but it does stick out more in the back. So it's not actually the same size, and may require you to have it pulled out more from the wall than smaller-capacity washers.
(5) despite the marketing, this model does not have steam. Not sure why it's been dropped, but I never used it in my previous washer, and most dryers now have that feature. Again, I think Whirlpool has a problem with incorrect marketing information being circulated.
Overall, though, I'm really impressed by this washer. Definitely the best I've ever used, and my previous one cost nearly as much!
Our new Whirlpool WFW6620HC clothes washing machine is awesome and by far the best washer we have ever had. We love the chrome shadow finish and it really compliments the new gray shiplap walls and laminate we installed in our utility room. The installation manual made it easy to install and the in the door controls for selectin wash cycle is pretty easy with the easy guide. I'm looking forward to using the wifi feature. The load and go soap dispenser is really slick and can hold enough soap for 40 loads. It's so much quitter than our previous machine and the quality is excellent. I also purchased the matching dryer and am thoroughly happy with it..
Pros: Durable, Easy to Clean, Easy to Install, Easy to Use, Good Size & Weight, High Quality, Looks Great, Lots of Features, Nice Design, Sturdy, Stylish, load and go xl soap automatic soap dispenser, large 4.5 cu.ft. capacity, energy star, chrome shadow finish is beautiful, wonderful instructions
The Whirlpool high efficiency smart chrome shadow stack-able front loading washing machine with load and go plus XL plus dispenser is bigger than most washers at 5.0 cubic foot. I got it as it can easily handle sheets and mattress protector pads. I had a skin infection and after I treated it, it returned. The doctor recommended using the sanitize cycle that this washer has. The infection retreated and during that cycle the clothes were noticeably cleaner. This washer has up to 35 customized cycles to choose from and after the wash cycle a built in fan can activate to tumble the clothes till you are ready to finish the laundry if you want. You can choose the cycle using the easy push button controls built into the door. Among the cycles there is a quick wash for lightly soiled loads and a cold cycle for vibrant color loads. The load and go dispenser adds detergent to the washer without refills for up to 40 loads or you can use the single use dispenser. I like a front loader because it is gentle on the fabric of the clothes. I recommend getting the matching Whirlpool pedestal WFP 2715 HC. This raises the washer up 15.5 inches to a more convenient height so you do not have to bend over and also provides storage. This washer has all the right wash features plus it has cell phone friendly operation using WI FI and their app.
Pros: Easy to Use, High Quality, Looks Great, Lots of Features, cell phone friendly operation
I am very happy with my new washer, every time I use it I find a new setting to fine tune the laundry. I love the steam wash feature, cleaned towels, and dish towels and it got the dinghy ground in soil out. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]