Baking steels are a revolutionary alternative and perfect complement to your baking stone collection. The pizzacraft Steel Pizza Plate is a 14 in. square baking steel that conducts heat better than a pizza stone, stores more heat per unit volume and stabilizes at a lower temperature. In a 500°F oven, a baking steel will stabilize at around 450°F due to the steel's radiative properties. It delivers constant heat even as it absorbs it, causing it to stabilize at a temperature that's slightly cooler than the air around it. Even though the steel is cooler than a stone, it is far superior at transferring energy to whatever is placed on top of it.
- Perfect for baking pizza, bread and more
- Only use indirect heat if using on a grill and do not turn burners on directly under the steel
- 1 cm hanging hole for easy storage
- Pizza steels are intended for oven use only
- Backed by unlimited 1-year warranty