I need a stair nose for my stair but all kinds of stair noses in the store like Home Depot , Menards did not fit . And this Cap A Tread Grand Oak/Royal Oak 47 in. L x 12-1/8 in. D x 1-11/16 in. is perfect one .
1 person found this helpful
Jul 27, 2016
Great way to update those boring stairs
We decided to remove the old, ugly carpet off of our stairs and "refresh" the look with these Cap-A-Treads. We had to special order the color we wanted as they were not in stock at the store.
1. Easy to install. Basically, you cut the tread to length (and depth, if necessary), and glue them down.
2. Looks nice.
3. Laminate withstands heavy traffic.
4. Easier to clean than carpet.
5. Matches Pergo flooring colors
1. Each tread is exactly the same. There is no variance in the pattern. Also, the pattern is in the exact same position on each piece, so you will want to cut them to width randomly from one side and/or the other. (See pictures to see what I mean).
2. Treads / Laminate is slippery for pets. Our dog now REFUSES to go up and down the stairs as she has no traction. Kind of a pain to carry her to bed each night.
3. Joint where the bullnose attaches to the flat tread is fragile. If the Cap-A-Tread does not fit onto the existing stair tread easily, you will need to file or sand down the stair tread (not the Cap-A-Tread) to allow for a smooth fit, otherwise the Cap-A-Tread may break.
4. Thickness of the Cap-A-Tread is different than Pergo Flooring. This makes it difficult if your stair treads need to mach up with a Pergo flooring at the top. Wish they were the same thickness.
5. A few of the stair treads had a manufacturing defect on them, so we had to send them back. Added 3 weeks to our project. :(
All-in-All, I think they are a great addition to our house. A bit pricey, but if you think about the time and materials it would take you to do the same project with real hardwood, these are a definite bargain.
Also, I recommend using LockTite PL400 Subfloor adhesive. Works better than LiquidNails brand. Make sure you get good coverage on the Cap-A-Tread with the adhesive.
My stairs are absolutely beautiful and match the already existing...
My stairs are absolutely beautiful and match the already existing floors. Very pleased with the quality and appearance of this product.
Sep 8, 2020
Very pleased with the look and feel of the Cap...
Very pleased with the look and feel of the Cap A Tread stairs.
Feb 19, 2020
Flooring looks good, relatively easy to work with, but...
Flooring looks good, relatively easy to work with, but very delicate. Doesn’t take much for the material to crack.
Feb 18, 2020
These were easy to cut and install, and they look...
These were easy to cut and install, and they look great. My only concern is that the laminate seems thin and may wear quickly. Otherwise, great product!
Dec 19, 2019
Jul 7, 2019
Easy enough to install. For the Price I was hoping that it would have a pergolike finish. It is n...
Easy enough to install. For the Price I was hoping that it would have a pergolike finish.
It is not as scratch resistant as even a cheap laminate. I chose it because I wanted something my dog could not scratch. Looks good though .