Was torn between the ridgid and the dewalt. I am extremely happy with this one. Seems very well built compared to the ridgid and what made my decision easier was the free stand i got with it. Stand was easy to assemble, all and all I'm very satisfied. The slide seemed a little stiff which was a concern for me in the store, but when it's running it's smooth as glass. would definatly recommend if your in the market. The life time warranty on the ridgid made it a tough decision, but when you look at quality between the two you see why they put the lifetime on it to help sell it. Don't get me wrong, ridgid is good, buy dewalt quality just seemed better.
I won't rehash reviews from real pros on here, however, I will say this saw is truly fantastic. P...
November 21, 2017
I won't rehash reviews from real pros on here, however, I will say this saw is truly fantastic.
1. The LED light that shines down onto the blade casts a shadow line EXACTLY there the blade will be cutting, better than a laser guide in my opinion
2. The blade that comes with it ain't no joke. Little oven cleaner to remove pine tar/resin and it's good as new after cutting a TON of wet PT lumber
3. Angles are dead on
4. If using common angle stops, ensure it snaps into the notch before you tighten down
5. Really like the quick/effortless lock on the angle adjustment
6. Solid steel angle stops for miter cuts
7. Can set depth stop for notching 6x6 posts easily
8. Find a friend and go half in :) ($300x2 aint bad)
9. The small notches in the blade guard allow for easy one hand manipulation if you need the guard up a little before the cut
10. Fence has holes for custom made jigs
11. Endless adjustments and uses for this thing
12. Machining and finish work is really top notch, very impressive.
1. Expensive... but you get what you pay for, this is top notch no doubt about it. Investment grade tool right here.
2. Can't really get it's true potential without getting the roller stand (DEWALT DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Stand) which is another $200. I missed the Sept/Oct sale 2017 where they were including the stand free with purchase of the saw.
3. Will need to keep scrap 2x4s around to use as a bump guide to get smaller items away from the fence so the parigee of the blade is correct when cutting smaller things.. otherwise the blade is pulling up on the material for the entire length of the cut instead of cutting down
4. The RED angle indicator is plastic and can be bumped to show incorrect angles. Would have preferred a cast indicator that can't be moved... but I understand manufacturing tolerances would probably need this to be movable.
5. BLADE IS HUGE if you are used to using a 10" chop saw, please use extra caution if you are not accustomed to using a 12" saw
6. Doesn't seem like a very big/beefy motor... time will tell. I did NOT notice any under-power issues.
7. Pay attention to the gauge and length of your extension cord, it does make a difference.
8. I didn't get this sooner in life
1. Be sure to pull the blade all the way out and push away from you for the cut, not vice versa.
2. Pay attention to the gauge and length of your extension cord, it does make a difference.
For a weekend warrior wanting to tackle more projects using wood - look no further. You don't have to be a journeyman carpenter to find your way around this miter saw. It's intuitive, versatile, and extremely accurate. I replaced a rotten hand rail on my porch just to test out the functionality. The result: Flawless. Now I'm building picnic tables and soon a bunk bed for the kids. Wife thinks I've found my calling. Nope. I just found a great saw. Spend the extra money and get the miter saw stand. It comes complete with all the mounting hardware. Before you know it…you'll be knocking out projects you never dreamed you could do. I am. Enjoy - Orcas Island, WA.
Powerful, Easy to Use, Sturdy, Accurate, Good Size & Weight, intuitive
instructions vague for beginners
Dewalt has thought of everything on this saw. All setting can be adjusted if need be. Out of the box it cut PERFECT! Easy to use, and much quieter than I expected. The rolling stand is great. Even a place for the included tools. Simply a great tool!
cons: The handle on the stand could be a little longer, or designed different. The holdown clamp should have acme type threads, for quick action. The slide action a little stiff, but that may wear in with use.
This is a nice portable miter saw stand. Easy to transport. Saw is easy to attach to the stand.
The problem with the stand is the work support. Dewalt failed big time on such a simple part of the stand. Support knobs broke with hand tightening. But even when tightened the supports move. As for using them as a stop, good luck with that. Just a shame the support system is junk.
Easy to Use, Good Size & Weight
work support brackets are junk
I got this combo at my local store...The promo ends on 1-04-2012. The saw is awesome and accurate right out of the box. The led light, which comes with it, project's a shadow of the blade on to your work material and is IMAO better than a laser. The dust collection is definitely improved and hooks right in to my shop vac without any adapters. The stand is heavy duty and solid. Takes about an hour to assemble. Cant go wrong with Dewalt.
After much research, I purchased my saw at Home Depot.com. I found a great deal with the included miter saw stand. The guide light works great and cuts all angles I need. I purchased this saw primarily to cut large crown molding. The stopper on the saw stand is a time saver for repetitive cuts. Awesome, solid product!
Durable, Powerful, Easy to Use, All In One, Sturdy, Accurate, Good Size & Weight, Long-Lasting
Works as expected, the light is awesome, the stand instructions are not good
March 27, 2012
Verified Purchase & Recommended Product
Forget lasers. The LED light on this unit works great and you know precisely what is left and what is cut.
The rest of the saw is as expected. It cuts and miters great. When it arrived at my house, I expected the alignment to be off, but using my trusty quick square, I realized no adjustment was needed.
The instructions for the stand could use some help. They were sparse and didn't even mention putting the metal cylinders over the wheel bolts.
The cuts were fine with the provided 60-tooth finish blade. The chair rail looks fine. It would look better if my coping skills were better.
It's not a Cadillac, more like a Lamborghini. The LED light that cast a shadow of the blade is simply genius. I had lasers on my last saw but this you won't have to worry about adjusting. What else needs to be said? It's a sliding, double beveled beauty.