used it for 2 weeks in a cabinet shop. only thing is the safety trigger. gun has to be perpendicular to the wood or it wont shoot, kind of annoying.
what i like is that it will not dry fire when you run out of staples.
Well built and very handy. Great for picture frames and small delicate work. Very solid and useful. This is now my 6th gun. Wish we could get a "one gun shoots all". Geez...hope they dont come for my guns!
This is a very nice stapler with a number of good features.
1. The tip is typical of most nailers / staplers. It takes a little getting used to make sure you are putting fasteners where you want them. The no-mar tips are DeWalt yellow, and I found that helpful for seeing the tip and judging placement for staples.
2. There is a selector lever that switches the tool from trigger-actuated to bump-actuated, without any tool changes or other trigger reconfigurations. The bump action worked very well. I like being able to switch it at will.
3. The male air coupling was pre-installed on the tool. Even better is that it is a ball fitting, meaning that it can rotate in a circle, about 30-degrees off center. It made moving the tool around and working at odd angles easy.
4. There is a belt hook pre-installed, but which can be easily removed.
5. There is a pencil sharpener built into the belt loop. It may be mildly frivolous, but I found it to be an ingenious use of space on the tool.
6. The handle is nicely sized. I have small to medium sized hands and this nail gun is very easy to hold.
7. The case is hard plastic. It's slightly large so it takes up some space, but it will keep the tool safe.
8. It will accept a variety of staple sizes (up to 1-1/2").
Remember that this is a 1/4" crown stapler, so the staples are not huge (by which I mean "wide"). They should do well for most light and some medium duty work, but they are narrow (hence the name, narrow crown stapler!).
The tool only comes with 100 nails. I would have thought more.
Overall, it's a great tool, and it has some great features.
Pros: Lots of Features, Easy to Use, High Quality, Good Size & Weight, Nice Design
Very Lightweight and easy to use. I'm replacing a 40 year old Stapler with this Dewalt. I've been building counter tops for that long and need a new stapler. Wish it had a rear foot on it to keep it flat and stable against the work piece, but I think it will work out fine. Nice case. Trouble in shipping. Check out picture.
Pros: Durable, Lots of Features, Easy to Use, Sturdy, High Quality, Looks Great, Good Size & Weight